Post a message

My bipolar son

Author: Anonymous (Riverside)
Posted: 03/11/2009 @ 8:22 am
I just wanted to complain about Riverside county's inept ability to assist someone in need. My son is seriously bipolar. He just started living with me at the age of 21 after living with his alcoholic father for the past 12 years. He beat his father went to jail and is now living with me. I have gone through the Riverside county Mental Health support program and was told I would receive a call back from an advocate of the program. 2 weeks later and many names called by my son I still haven't heard a word from them. Then I went through the 211 information line and found an Emergency Treatment Services facility open 24 hours/7 days a week. I call at 8:00 am and no answer, no message, no nothing. I am in dire need of assistance for my son and no one is there to help. Sadly I work for the county also, and now see what a failure it is to the average person.
Author: JJ Holoubek (Alameda)
Posted: 03/11/2009 @ 1:19 pm
Hello Holly,

Thank you for writing. Here are some other hotlines/helplines you can try from the Network of Care’s Riverside County Behavioral Health Emergency Services’ section listed under the Additional Community Emergency Services heading:

Emergency Services > Additional Community Emergency Services

Good luck and I hope this has been helpful. If you have any other questions or comments about Network of Care, please don’t hesitate to share them.

Best wishes,
JJ Holoubek
Assistant Client Relations Manager
Network of Care

Driving Walking/Biking Public Transit  Get Directions